Features and Specifications
How to Enroll
iGuard Quick Connector Guide
This document shows the location and function of the connectors on the back of the iGuard units and the labeling of the connectors 1-8 on the back of the iGuard and their function:
- DoorStrike NO - "Normal Open" of Built-In Door Strike Relay (Power Positive)
- DoorStrike COM - "Common" of Built-In Door Strike Relay (Power Common Negative Ground)
- DoorStrike NC - "Normal Close" of Built-In Door Strike Relay (Power Positive)
- DoorStrike Sensor 1 - Connect to DoorStrike's door open sensor (optional)
- DoorStrike Sensor 2 - Connect to DoorStrike's door open sensor (optional)
- DoorSwitch 1 - Connect to Door Open Switch (recommended for single step egress and emergency exit)
- DoorSwitch 2 - Connect to Door Open Switch (optional)
- Alarm 1 - iGuard Case Open Alarm output (recommended for integration with your alarm system)
- Alarm 2 - iGuard Case Open Alarm output (secondary alarm output)
iGuard System Flow Chart
This document shows the flow of the authentication process of the iGuard units.
iGuard Data Flow for SDK and API
API Software Development Kit (SDK)
Please download our API: iGuard API. Please note that the latest patch is necessary to work with this version of API. Also included is a sample program that utilizes the APIs to instruct the iGuard to automatically send the access log record to the desktop computer every time a person accesses the device. Examples for using API with MSVC and MSVB included (Source Code also included)
- ActiveX Control for Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Command Line Tools for Command Prompt of MS Windows.
- Some New API Functions added (work with Firmware 3.0.1916A or later).
iServer Version 2
iServer2 is an automatic data logging server for iGuard Terminal. Access log will be logged in your PC automatically. This program utilizes our API SDK.
Once the program is launched and registered with the iGuard terminal, the terminal will automatically send all the new access log records to your PC (as shown in the diagram at the right side), it works with Microsoft's ODBC interface. Therefore, the access log will send directly to database (or text file). Besides, there're many other features added to the server. Other applications (such as payroll applications) can directly import this text file for payroll calculation.
This program provides an immediate solution for incorporating the access log data to the existing payroll applications. For those companies with in-house software development department, they can also consider incorporating our API SDK directly to their existing applications.
Remote Door Access Application (Windows)
The Remote Door Access is used to unlock the door in an easy way. That is a fast way to unlock the door in the computer without tedious procedure. You can unlock the door by double click the icon in the system tray.
Please click here to download the utility.